If you are like most Carhartt jacket owners, then you will want to make sure your Carhartt jacket last as long as possible. Waterproofing your jacket will help the life of your jacket tremendously. There are two different ways we recommend, one being the simplest with a spray on waterproofing and the other being a waxing technique.
For the spray on, we recommend using scotchgard® which can be found at Walmart or any major hardware store. It is also available for purchase at http://www.scotchgard.com
For the waxing technique we have put together a step by step guide and a list of the items you will need to complete the process.
Items needed for the Waxing technique:
1. Your Carhartt Jacket
2. 2 cans of Filson’s Oil Finish Wax
3. 1 2” paint brush
4. Hair dryer
5. A heat source for melting your Filson’s Oil Finish Wax.
First you will want to purchase your wax. We recommend Filson’s Oil Finish Wax which can be found at http://www.filson.com/products/filson-s-oil-finish-wax.69033.html
Next you will want to melt your wax. Heat your wax until it is completely solidified. You can do this with a butter warmer, microwave (remove wax from metal tin and place in ceramic dish/bowl) or in a double boiler.
Once your wax is completely solidified, lay your Carhartt jacket on a flat surface. We recommend laying an old towel under your jacket to prevent any wax from getting on anything you don’t want it on. Then take your paint brush and dip it in the wax spreading it as fast and as evenly as possible starting with the back of your jacket followed by the sleeves and front. You will probably end up with the wax being thicker in some parts, but don’t worry, we can fix this!
Once you have coated your entire jacket, take your hair dryer and paint brush and reheat the areas with excessive wax and use your paint brush to redistribute the wax. Be sure to get all of the seams on your jacket!
And that’s it! You can now enjoy your waterproof jacket for years before having to repeat this process.
Deciding what type of Carhartt Pants to buy can be a difficult decision, especially if purchasing online. Having the right mix of comfort and durability is usually the deciding factor on whether you end up being happy with your decision. Hopefully this buying guide can help you order your next pair with confidence.
Types of Fits
The all-important fit. No matter how the pant performs, more than likely you won’t be satisfied if you don’t get this right. Carhartt Pants come in four different fits – Traditional, Relaxed, Loose & Original (sometimes also known as Dungaree fit). Deciding which of these you need should usually be based only on your body type, and not so much what you will be doing in them. To simplify it, the major difference is how much room is in the seat and thigh of the pants.
- Traditional – This will be the slimmest fit and will sit slightly below the natural waist. The leg openings are narrower, but big enough to fit over boots.
- Relaxed – This will have a little more room than the traditional, and will also sit right at the natural waist. The leg openings on relaxed are similar to the traditional.
- Loose – Even more room and will sit below the natural waist similar to the traditional and will have wide leg openings that will fit over work boots.
- Original – The loosest fitting pant that Carhartt makes. It sits right at the natural waist, has ample moving room and wide leg openings.
While mainly known for their common denim & duck fabric, there are plenty more to choose from.
- Denim – What can we say, it’s denim and Carhartt Jeans are as sturdy as any out there. There are several different washes and colors available in denim.
- Duck – A durable fabric that Carhartt is known for, these pants should last you a long time.
- Canvas – For a lighter, yet still durable fabric, the canvas pants would be a great fit for you.
- Ripstop – Ripstop pants are fairly new to the Carhartt line. They do exactly what it sounds – they stop rips from forming and becoming an issue. The weight of these typically falls in between the duck and canvas.
- Twill – Twill fabric is going to be a little dressier that some of the others. Twill pants are a favorite amount workers looking to dress a little nicer.
- Cordura – There is only one pant that has the Cordura. While the pant itself is made out of Duck, the double-chap is made out of the Cordura making this pant pretty close to indestructible.
Some do question whether they need double knees or not. This really comes down to how you are using your pants. Generally, most uses of Carhartt pants would not require double-knees, however if you are someone that is on their knees consistently without knee pads, you may want to consider them. That is unlikely as most would choose to wear knee pads and the more likely scenario would be if you were regularly carrying or rubbing something along your knees that would eventually rub a hole in them. A lot of these scenarios would not warrant knee pads but would be hard on the pants themselves.
For the most part, there are really only a couple different pocket arrangements. There are the typical 5-pocket pants, meaning two in the back, two on the side and then in inner pocket inside one of the side pockets, and then their are pants with utility pockets which most styles come in. While they do vary in placement a bit, most have a side pocket on the side that is big enough to accommodate a cell phone and generally have a hammer loop as well. There are a couple cargo styles that don’t fit either of those descriptions as well.
Most Carhartt Pants are unlined, but there are a handful of styles that do come lined with flannel. These jeans are usually meant only to be worn outdoors in the cold, unless of course you happen to work inside a freezer.
More than anything, they type of jean you want to purchase usually comes down to how you will be using them.
Does the mid-summer heat have you dripping with sweat? Tired of untwisting that soggy t-shirt you’re always use to wearing to work? If so, we suggest you stare down heat and grime with Carhartt Force. This sweat-wicking features stain breaker technology that helps break up stains, so its ready to get back to work after every wash. Carhartt Force is our hardest working, sweat-wicking shirt was designed for 12-hour workdays, not 2-hour workouts. This shirt works because it has to.
Shop the Full Line At Dungarees
Carhartt has decided to take some of their more popular items and mark them down for you, the loyal Carhartt customer. At Dungarees, you can save on everything from hats to t-shirt to jeans and pants. Some of the bigger savings include:
Carhartt K195, Now $16.99
Carhartt K298, Now $19.99
Carhartt B342, Now $44.99
And much, much more at Dungarees
Dungarees is excited to announce that we are now carrying the full line of CAT work footwear. For more than 85 years Cat has played a role as the leader in building the world’s infrastructure and in enabling progress for millions of people around the globe. Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. So you may ask, why bother with footwear? CAT Footwear is built on honest heritage – in the ethic of hard work. Caterpillar equipment drives the shape of the world’s skyline; CAT Footwear challenges the landscape without apology. CAT boots offer authenticity and rugged style – on the job site and far beyond. CAT boots work because they have to. Shop CAT Boots at Dungarees>
Isn’t it a little early for Carhartt’s New Fall Clothing? Well probably, but since we have it in stock already we wanted to make it available to our customers. And being the trend-setters that we are, Dungarees.net might be the only place you can find it for a while. For the most part only Outerwear and Hats have arrived, but more is sure to come very shortly. So, what has Carhartt added to their already stellar line this year? Let’s take a closer look at some of the highlights.
Men’s Jackets & Coats
The theme of the new jackets this year is definitely “Worn Duck”, which is kind of a mixture between Carhartt’s sandstone & their stiffer duck fabrics. Not too stiff & not too soft is the best way to explain it. Below are a few examples of the new Worn Duck fabric that has been applied to already historically popular styles. There also will be several other styles including the J140 Blaze Orange that will finally be available for retailers to sell. We know this will be a top-seller for sure, perfect for hunting season.
Hats, Hats & More Hats.
Lots of new stocking caps will be available. One hat that stands out above the rest is the Carhartt Wetzel Watch Hat. The warmth of this hat will make your body heat shutter at the thought of even attempting to escape through your head. A nice selection of new women’s hats & colors will be sure to please as well.
Other Men’s Highlights
Slowly but surely, Carhartt is starting to add more and more to their Hi-vis line. Jackets & matching pants that meet hi-vis standards with reflective taping will be a great addition to their line. As far as sweatshirts go, the Allerton Sweatshirt looks like it could be really popular. It has a great combination of style & functionality with it’s wind-resistant, water repellent shell. The worn duck fabric won’t just be for coats, and will be brought into the vest line with the RNV01.
Carhartt For Women
Lots of great, new options for you Carhartt-lovin’ women out there. You’ll see a great selection of new coats, vests and hats, very similar to the men’s. Being a few years into the women’s line now, we think Carhartt is really starting to see what works and working with the great feedback they’ve gotten. We really think you’re going to love the new line.
That’s about it for what we have in so far. We expect the new shirts & knits to start rolling in throughout July and most of the accessories and kids items will start to become available in probably August & September.
And don’t forget, Dungarees offers FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $55 to the contiguous US.
Full Line available from the link below
Shop Yeti Coolers Here
In celebration of great dads across the country, Dungarees wants to give back to those dads that have provided, sacrificed and celebrated the children in their lives. Tell us why a dad you know is most deserving in the Dungarees’ “I Hartt My Dad” Facebook Contest. Ten dads will be selected to receive an amazing Carhartt gift package valued at over $150, and be featured on the Dungarees.net website to serve as an inspiration to dads everywhere.
- Carhartt Cooler
- Carhartt Cable Cuffs (x5)
- Carhartt Wallet
- Carhartt Duct Tape
- Carhartt Playing Cards
- Carhartt Sunglasses
- Carhartt Thermal Mug
- Carhartt Level
- Carhartt Carpenter Pencils (x2)
- Carhartt LED Flexlight
- Carhartt Keychain
- Carhartt Carabiner
- Carhartt LED Flashlight
- Carhartt Pelican Cliplight
- Carhartt T-Shirt
- $25 Gift Card for use at Dungarees.net
How to Enter
- Go to the Dungarees.net Facebook Contest Page and us.
- You’ll be directed to a quick entry form where you simply need to tell us your name and why a dad you know deserves the prize.
- Collect points for your entry – the 10 entries with the most points will win one of the gift packages. Points are assigned as follows:
- 1 Point – Every time someone votes for your entry you will receive 1 point, so be sure to share the contest on your wall and let your friends know. Your friends must also like our page to be eligible to vote.
- 5 Points – When you Refer-a-Friend or share your entry link and your friend submits an entry, you will receive 5 points. You will be prompted with the option to Refer-a-Friend after you submit your entry, and you are welcome to share your entry at any time.
- Voting is limited to one vote per day per person.
- Contest entry and voting will end June 10th at 11:59pm CST.
- Winners will be contacted after the contest ends via email to collect necessary information to fulfill the prize.
- Winning prize packages can only be shipped within the United States.
- We reserve the right to remove any entry or change any vote counts if we determine the votes did not come from legitimate Facebook accounts or for any other reason. Using any type of network to produce mass voting or creating accounts solely for voting is prohibited.
We are pleased to introduce the exclusive line of knives produced by Case for Carhartt. Born of the history these two iconic brands share, these beautiful crafted tools are made in the U.S.A. by Case to Carhartt’s exact specifications for hard working Americans.
No two Carhartt knives are exactly alike..and we think that’s a good thing. Unlike mass produced products, each knife is shaped, honed, sharpened, and polished under the skillful hand and eye of an artisan to achieve a product that is both collectable and rugged enough for everyday use.
Put the hand-crafted quality, precise detailing and classic styling of a Carhartt knife by Case in your pocket…and get to work.